Haven’t sewn properly during the holiday festive season, had to do some “warm up sewing” before some actual work related sewing… so who benefits from it? ^^;

Taiga said it’s the year of the Tiger, she’s entitled to get something new from me…  It’s not perfect, but she got a Yukata from me by twisting my pinky (still gotta make a proper obi and maybe a proper under garment of sorts^^;).

Managed to dig out tiny PVC tenori tiger from the boxes and boxes of stuffs ^^; A bit hard to remember what is where sometimes, especially when I try to pack them safely ^^;

Just before opening the surprise bear from Romina of ihavewings! Tiger on top of Taiga’s head fell over a few times ^^;

This part kinda reminded me of a certain scene in Toradora! with some differences of course :P

Awwwww she loves the surprise bear :)

Also finally finished up a test “winter jacket” for the big girls, but it’s not well fitted (grrr) I almost did not compete it ^^;  Sometimes things just don’t fit the way I like, and it stalls my sewing progress =_=; I have to Ganbarimasu x_x!!!

Below, the collar can be better, the front part is a bit misaligned and the snaps shows a bit too much for my liking *bangs head on wall* :P

omake LOL

Thanks for coming back to check out dolly photos :)

Anyone of you guys use etsy to buy stuff? Or ebay? ^^;

16 Responses to New year sewing

1. That’s cute yukata. I look forward to seeing it complete with the finalized obi :)

Thanks! :D Taiga’s body, her hips are a lot wider than her bust area even so it’s a bit tricky to make without having it look strange =_=;/ I gotta work on it a bit more ^^;

2. Miette-chan says:

So cool, I love Yutakas whether it be in 2D or 3D girls. I find dollfies and stuffed animals are a really got combination, Taiga just drives that point home to me.

I amazed at that jacket, if you hand’t pointed out the “booboos” wouldn’t have noticed them.

I like the doll and doll combo too ^o^ Taiga is still holding onto the bear XD The jacket’s fabric is a bit stretchy so it tend to go out of shape when I sew =_= quite a pain, but the texture and feel of it is so nice!

3. moemoekyun says:

torako looks cute ^0^
    taiga :P

4. Tomio says:

All looks good to me. Great work!

5. Ultimaknight says:

Looked around Etsy but never bought from them.

Also, Taiga looks lovely!

Hehe I’m still contemplating where I should sell my sewing ^^; Was trying a wordpress plug in last year but it’s so buggy, that I don’t think I can use it ^^;; Thanks for your comment about Taiga I’m so happy to have her! :D