Had been meaning to try to make a Dollfie Dream sized armchair from scratch, recently finally got around to it ^o^

The idea is inspired by Matin sensei of Atelier Matin. But this time instead of a really nicely made sofa kit kindly provided by Matin sensei, I built the base with pieces of foam glued together.

Behind Mirin is the the original sofa which I built last year from Matin sensei’s kit ^^/

Mirin approves :P She likes that she can put her tea down on the arm rest ^^

Vivi (Mamachapp) Is 1:6 scale so it was not possible to have Dollfie Dream girls share the armchair with her ^^;

Below is an older photo taken last year.

The design of the armchair is made with some reference to the shape of our actual Ikea couch at home :3

As I am not very experienced or skilled with cutting the foam, the armchair’s base is not perfectly cut (oops). Luckily the fabric and cotton sheets somewhat hides it ^^; I also think I could have done a better job with tucking the fabric tho!

After the foam pieces is formed, then parts of it are padded with cotton sheets, then a layer of fabric cut to shapes required are tucked into specific corners with a tool. I think I need some legs for the chair lol!

Thank you Matin sensei again!

25 Responses to Dollfie Dream Armchair

1. Pinkwing11 says:

Ooooo~ -is getting ideas for funrnature- I never thought of using foam~ I was just going to have my grandfather, he’s good with wood, to help me make a base so that I could upholster it :3 but foam sounds more fun :)

2. coffeebugg says:

You must share these chairs at DDA. bloooooog it.

3. Wow, that looks great. Nice job on it! Probably much cheaper to build your own (if you can do it). All the Dollfie-sized furniture I’ve seen for sale is really expensive >_<

thanks! ^^ as for cheaper or not it also depends on if the materials are expensive or not or difficult to access ^^;/ and the expensive ones may be made with more sturdy materials than foam :)

4. sushi_n_sake says:

nice custom armchair :) i hope i could made a similar armchair for my dollfie.

5. Miette-chan says:

That couch looks pretty good, at first glance I thought it was one of those smaller couches for kids. I am amazed you built it yourself and that it’s made of foam.

I hope to come up with other ways to make it then make a tutorial or something perhaps :) I think this is a nice little item for our dollfie kids to have :D