Thank you Blythe Con Japan, and more!
I am already back in Vancouver, a little jet lagged still, with some odd muscle pains ^o^;
But I wanted to say a BIG and heart felt THANK YOU Blythe Con Japan, the Organizers, Volunteers and Sponsors! It was a super awesome convention, and I enjoyed myself thoroughly despite some personal hiccups on the day of! Like sneezing too hard due to allergies and pulling an odd back muscle the morning of Blythe Con…. o_o; And thank you to my kind kind hosts (you know who you are!) for having me this time, it really helped to have a roof and company, and also sound advice for my reducing the pain from my odd injury XD! Words cannot describe my gratefulness :) I was telling my husband how much fun it was when one day the adults of the household were all playing with dolls at night LOL! I will post some quick snippets from my phone here, there is quite a lot to share, so I will be eventually posting other photos and activities in detail when I can.
I also want to thank my dear husband for staying back to care for our furkids, especially Ginko (she has epilepsy and needs medication 3 times a day, hence it was not possible for us to travel together for a while now…) I wished he could have come with me, but I am really also very thankful if not for him staying behind, I probably won’t be able to bring myself to focus on the convention and activities around it.
Some of the highlights of this trip:
- I finally built an Ebony smart doll and brought her home along with other goodies (separate post to come)
- I went to Hanon exhibition by the lovely and talented Satomi san. (need to show better photos from camera!)
- Blythe Con Pre-meet at Nakano broadway, meeting lots of people for the first time fan girl and freaking out :P
- Blythe Con Day!!!!!! Yes, twin tails :P lol
- Traditional tea party held by Juniemoon, hosted by Junko Wong
- Sewing lesson with Momoko sensei, with the final product to take home ^o^
- Materials shopping, experiencing the rainy and humid season, and fooooood and meeting many friends I known for years for the first time!
- Trying some things like taking a bus with the help of mobile internet, when there was train delays during off peak hours, hunting for Limousine bus to airport without internet…
- Finding out I’m on the R2D2 StarWars plane on my way home to Vancouver lol!
It was a bit of an overload lol, but in all a trip to be remembered, I couldn’t do everything I would have wanted to of course, but it leaves me things to look forward to next time :)
Hope you enjoyed this brief recap from photos via my phone, I hope to have more detailed postings eventually!