Tutorial: Dollfie Dream Socks – Printer Free Version!
Been a while since I last made a tutorial, noticed that the links to the past tutorials are a bit messy (oops!)
This pattern is made to fit Dollfie Dream, feel free to adapt it for other dolls!
IMPORTANT!: You will need to use light colour fabric or a fabric which you know will not stain your Dollfie Dream. If you want to use a colour fabric, especially dark color fabric, please test it on a part of your doll which is not normally exposed to check if it stains.
In this tutorial, I used a dark grey cotton knit fabric which I have tested on a spare bust piece I have — I know for sure the fabric I use will not stain my dollfie dream’s vinyl body. I have bad experience with dark sewing thread (black sewing thread especially), so I am using white thread — also, it is easier to see on photos.
You will need:
- A Dollfie Dream to lend you her leg (or a different doll if you prefer)
- Light colour knit fabric (example thin tee-shirt material)
- Eraser (in case of mistakes, or if you are going to trace with a pen after)
- Pencil (Optional, a pen)
- Ruler — if you prefer to make a shorter pair of socks
- Scissors for cutting out the pattern
- Scissors for the fabric
- Sewing machine with light thread (not pictured above) Please use ball-point needle for knit fabric!