I want to take this chance to thank a few friends who kindly help us take photos of Glacier Lily who’s now on display with the other fabulous custom dolls in Singapore at the STGCC (Singapore Toy, Games and Comics Convention)! Thanks Kodomut and Arayden~! And Jooli – pix here! (see Jooli’s beautiful sewing work here)
Went to my 2nd local BJD meet, I almost didn’t make it… ^^; It was organised and hosted by a lovely girl who’s going to a different province to study in about 2 weeks time ^^;/
Mirin… I think she had a blast :P and shown me some sides of her which I didn’t know of ^^;;;; I also brought my hybrid MSD Elliot along :3 Unfortunately her pix were kinda blurry ^^;;;
I attended my first ball joint doll meet this year after so many years of being in Canada ^^; Not sure what was stopping me in the first place. I’m not always good in crowded situations could be one of the reasons crippling me. ^^; But I am glad I went! Met some new doll folks and their dolls :) I haven’t been in the ball joint doll scene for a bit, so it’s good to hang out and see what’s out there :)
Elliot is my hybrid doll, she’s MSD size around 43+cm tall (Never really measured).
Her head is Bee-A from Dream of doll her body is Narae, pinky white from Dollfair.com I keep her all wrapped up in a cabinet because too much sun can cause accelerated yellowing to the french resin ^^; Don’t get me wrong, I love the translucent feel of french resin but I am not sure if I really want to deal with yellowing and having to change Elliot’s body so many times it gets a bit tiring. I hope in future when I actually have some spare cash I can invest in a Utherane Narae body — not anytime soon tho ^^;
This top’s pattern is heavily modified (almost recreated) off the Doll Coordinate Recipe #4’s Unoa pattern. I recalled the first couple test pieces were ill fitting disasters :P This book currently discontinued and I won’t link to somewhere which the book may get sold out, so please search online if you really want to get a copy.
Anyhows, had an idea for an outfit for a while, so took out some modified patterns from what a year + back and tested sewing :) recreated a pattern to get a base pattern I need (still need some tweaking) This version the area under the chest has a bit too much wrinkles, so I gotta fix that ^^;/