As promised, here it is! A photographic documentation of the making of the Mirai Seifuku ^^!

I’m a big fan of Danny Choo’s Mascot(s) – Mirai Suenaga and sister Haruka Suenaga.  Heck, I even named my Yukino Dollfie Dream after Mirai! When I was influenced by Danny and fell in love with Yukino – a Dollfie Dream, I knew I had to eventually make my own Mirai Seifuku! ^^;  I guess Danny had a same idea for his Dollfie Dream, so he commissioned me to make a set for his lovely Dollfie Dream girls :)

It was quite challenging, as I needed to create a pattern from scratch, and make sure the pattern match closely to the actual Seifuku design by Azami Yuko Sensei. Thru researching various links, I found this particular japanese tutorial particularly helpful. (Domo Arigato!) Link broken :(

After making the pattern for the bodice, I had to cut it out to shape and draw a seam allowances, then sew the pieces together. At this stage, it is easy to make mistakes, like some parts fit too tight or too loosely. Now is the time to make adjustments and change the pattern accordingly.

Having the actual doll with the same type of body helps as fitting is very important for the clothing to sit right on the doll.

Front with some parts sewn together ^^/

Back
 

 

Then I had to custom design the sleeves as it is not the regular puffy sleeves I normally make, it took a few tries before I finalised the pattern. Danny requested that I put some “stuffing” in the sleeves, with reference to his Saber Dollfie’s outfit, so I made a test sleeve. Drew a rough “logo” in place. Also had to make sure the stuffing fit right, not bulging out in strange locations ^^;

Final design, the logo was printed out on a tee-shirt transfer paper and was ironed on after I cut out the pieces. I iron the other fabric cut-outs of the sleeves together as well. Ironing make sure the fabric lay flat, making it easier to sew. 

Logo ironed on
 

Sleeves in progress…

After sewing a pair of completed sleeves I realised I made the cuffs a bit too short :P so I actually had to remake the blouse ^^; I usually keep sewing which I feel has mistakes in it for my own dolls ^^;/

Thankfully the last attempt was good enough to send out to Danny, didn’t want to keep him waiting too long! ;P In order for the outfit not to be squished and flattened, I stuffed it a bit before I packaged it :) The ribbon is a seperate piece, where it can be attached at the back under the collar ^^/ An easier way would be to sew it in front of the collar, but I felt that it may not be centralised properly tho.
 

 

I did a quick hand drawn care instructions card to be included ^^;
 

 

With all the commissioned items I make, I put them into zip lock bags, unless I am trying it on the doll for fitting.

The labels for Danny’s commissioned doll outfit are actually hand drawn, as since my website address changed the begining of the year. I need to design and print more new labels (oops)! But I think I kinda like the hand drawn quality of these labels tho :D
 

The blouse and skirt took a few hours each to make. I made them over a period of about a month plus, since I am not sewing full time. The skirt was tedious as I need to iron the pleats and that can take a while. (I apologize, I did not document the skirt in detail ^^;). But still, the blouse is the most complex of the pieces.

The most difficult part of the blouse was to get it to fit right, especially with the L bust, the curves are like, “danger ahead” (LOL)! It can be a little frustrating when just one part of the blouse doesn’t fit right and I have to remake the whole thing ^^; But the completed end result is extremely satisfying!

Heartfelt thanks to Danny for believing in my workmanship to commission me to make the oufit!

If you like to see more photos please check out this entry.

 

Lastly just want to mention that taitan-no.net linked up to one of my blog entry about my 2nd Mamachapp ^^;/ Thanks again Danny for the heads up! :3

Thanks for looking, hope you find this entry informative! ^^/

Tagged with:
 

29 Responses to Making of the Mirai Seifuku

  1. bernard says:

    oic..only 2cm in different huh..thanks a lot chun

    • chun says:

      oh! also to take note, the edge of L bust’s bosom tend to erm “hang” a bit lower compare to M bust ^^; If you join this group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dollfiedream/ you’ll be able to see some photos of the dollfie busts comparison shots I think (in their photos set), after you join think need to wait to be approved (if I did not remember wrong)

  2. bernard says:

    chun, can you give me the exact chest/bust measurement of DD with L bust and M bust circumference (cm) cause i want to check out any other clothes beside than volks that might suit my coming DD…thanks..

  3. chun says:

    @picchar good luck! It’s not easy to save up, pay the money and have to wait a while before the doll arrives, but when she does she’ll take your breath away ;)! When I have more time in future I will try to see if I can make a basic tutorial similar to what I recalled from the site with broken link ^^/

  4. picchar says:

    Been thinking of getting a BJD for a while, Dream of Doll’s Shall in particular, but still have to save up for it >.>

    Great work on the clothes! ^_^/

    …Boo broken link. Would’ve like to see it >.< Oh well XD

  5. […] a previous post of my blog entry, I linked up to a pretty informative japanese blog tutorial, but unfortunately I suspect maybe high […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.
%d bloggers like this: